Spread the love
here are some simple changes we can make in our daily lives and can contribute to save our environment..
- Drive less. Take bikes, walk or carpool whenever possible.
- Consider investing in a hybrid or electric vehicle to help prevent against further global warming.
- Replace all the lightbulbs in and around your home with energy-efficient fluorescents that use fewer watts for the same amount of light.
- Clean or replace your filters monthly.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances when it’s time to buy new ones.
- Decrease your air travel.
- Wash clothes in cold water and line-dry whenever possible.
- Use a low-flow showerhead, which will lessen the hot water used but not drop your water pressure in the shower.
- Cut down on your garbage—buy fewer packaged materials to prevent further global warming.
- Unplug electronics when they are not in use, because they still take up energy. At the very least, turn items off when they’re not being used.
- Run the dishwasher and clothes washer only when you have a full load, and if available, use the energy-saving setting.
- Insulate your home better, and don’t forget to repair or replace worn caulking or weather-stripping. Insulate your water heater.
- Buy recycled paper products and recycle as much of your waste as possible.
- Bring your own reusable canvas grocery bags when grocery shopping.
- Plant a tree.
- Have an energy audit done on your home so you can find the trouble areas and fix them.
- Use nontoxic cleaning products.
- Shop locally for food. A farmer’s market is an excellent place to visit. And choose fresh food over frozen foods. Fresh takes less energy to produce.
- Keep your car tuned up, and check tire pressure often to save gas.
- Eat less meat and more organic foods in your diet to do your part in preventing global warming.
With such simple steps we can contribute in protecting our environment and curbing global warming. We can do a lot by changing our daily habits. Rather than discussing about heavy or complex technologies we can simply improve our living habits and do our bit against global warming thus making our earth and environment better for us and for generations to come.