The Reasoning section tests your problem-solving, decision-making skills and logical abilities. It takes months and constant and consistent practice to master these skills and it is not something you can achieve in a short time. Therefore, start spending some time solving puzzles online, like Sudoku, Crossword puzzles, Mind bender puzzles, etc. These will sharpen your skills and train your brain to think logically.
- Build Concepts: Once your fundamentals are in place, start practising reasoning lessons that breakdown every reasoning topic to the basic level. Learn the concepts using reasoning preparation books.
- Practice Questions: After learning each reasoning topic, take a mock test for that topic to measure your progress. Continue learning and practicing till you’re thorough in that concept and then move on to the next one.
Reasoning questions can be lengthy and time-consuming. Always remember, you don’t have to answer all the questions. We suggest you first glance through the question and decide if you want to solve it or not. If you’re finding it difficult to solve a question, mark it for review and get back to it later. Do not spend too much time being stuck on the same question.
IBPS PO Prelims 2017: Reasoning Section Analysis
Reasoning Books for IBPS PO 2018
- Magical Book on Puzzles by K. Kundan
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal