- Posts : 896 posts (PH – 39) under various Administrative Services
- Age : Not less than 21 years and not more than 32 years as on 01/08/2019. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
- Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.
- Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible will be as follows:
- General Category : Six (6)
- Physical Handicapped : Nine (No limit if SC/ST)
- OBC : Nine (9)
- SC / ST : No Limit
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages : (i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination; and (ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects set out in sub-section (A) of Section II. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out by UPSC out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature. Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test. The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice of the number of vacancies to be filled. The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various Services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and posts.
Papers in Mains
Paper-A : (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution). => 300 Marks
Paper-B : English => 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit
Paper-I : Essay => 250 Marks
Paper-II : General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society) => 250 Marks
Paper-III : General Studies -II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) => 250 Marks
Paper-IV : General Studies (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) => 250 Marks
Paper-V General Studies -IV (Ethics, Integrity and Ethics) => 250 Marks
Paper-VI : Optional Subject – Paper 1 => 250 Marks
Paper-VII : Optional Subject – Paper 2 => 250 Marks
Sub Total (Written test) => 1750 Marks
Personality Test =>275 Marks
Grand Total => 2025 Marks
Candidates may choose any one of the optional subjects from amongst the list of subjects
Online Application Submission
Candidates must apply Online also at https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php from 19/02/2019 to 18/03/2019. Details of the examination and instructions are available at UPSC Online website at Guidelines to the Candidates –> https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php